Quick Solutions to Fix Roku Error Code 014.40
Roku Error Code 014.40: Roku is an amazing device that allows you to stream some of the most amazing content available on different channels.
It allows you to stream the content using the streaming devices.
These devices are basically physical consoles that connect to the internet connection. These devices have memory processors that allow you to stream the content without any hassle.
The latest Roku devices allow you to stream 4k videos which is a great thing when it comes to features and functions.
But, recently a lot of users have complained about experiencing Roku error code 014.40. However, it can be easily resolved if you follow the basic troubleshooting guidelines.
In this blog, we have discussed in detail about Roku error code 014.40. But, if you are having trouble while resolving the error then you can get in touch with the Roku technical support team for support.
What is the 014.40 Error Code on Roku?
First of all, you need to know that facing issues while using the Roku device is quite common.
Usually, these errors are represented in the form of error codes. One of the most common errors that Roku users may come across is 014.40.
This error code simply means that the Roku device is unable to connect to the internet connection. Usually, it may occur because you are entering incorrect wi-fi details.
This means that the username and the password that you have entered is incorrect.
Besides, it may also occur if the cache data of the Roku player or the TV. This will slow down the process of showing results.
Now, that we have discussed in detail about Roku error code 014.40 you must know the solutions that can help you fix this error code.
You can follow the guidelines to resolve the error code using the Roku streaming device. But, if you are facing any trouble while fixing the error code 014.40 on Roku.
But if you need an immediate solution then it is best to get in touch with the Roku technical support team for help and assistance. They will guide you step by step in resolving the issue immediately.
Check the Network Configuration
If you are facing Roku error code 014.40 then the first thing that you need to be checking is the Wi-fi configuration of the network you are connected to.
This is the most common reason why you may come across such an error. Make sure you have entered the correct Wi-Fi details while completing the configurations.
If this does not work then you will have to reconfigure the settings. Here are the steps that you need to take.
- Use the Roku remote to open the settings.
- Then click on the advanced system settings option.
- Here select network configuration option and then reset it.
- Now, you will have to enter the code that you can see on the screen.
- Then follow the steps on the screen to complete the configuration.
How to Fix Roku TV error code 014.40?
If you are still facing Roku error code 014.40 then you can follow the steps mentioned below to fix this error.
- All you need to do is to restart the device. Many times just by a quick restart you can resolve the issue. Go to the Settings and then click on the restart option.
- If the [problem is still unresolved try to take out the plug of the Roku and then wait for some time to fix the issue.
- Another reason why you may come across this issue is that the Roku is not connecting to the internet. It is a common issue that can occur because of multiple reasons.
- However, mostly you can fix this problem by following the steps mentioned below.
- On your Roku device go to the Settings and then select the system restart option. Once the Roku device restarts make sure to reconnect to the Wi-Fi to see if the issue is fixed or not.
- If the Roku error code 014.40 is unresolved then you must get in touch with the Roku technical support team for help and assistance.
The Roku TV error code 014.40 usually occurs when the device is unable to connect to the network. This means that the device is unable to receive the Wi-Fi signals hence you are facing an issue while trying to use it.
Since the Roku device works on the internet connection it is mandatory to fix this Roku error code 014.40 on Roku. Also, make sure the Roku is connected to a stable and steady Wi-Fi connection.
Why is Roku still showing Error Code 014.40 on Roku?
If your Roku device is still showing Roku error code 014.40 then it means you need to form troubleshooting solutions to fix the issue. Here are some of the most basic solutions that may help in resolving the problem.
Power Cycle the Devices
Often all you need is to power cycle the device to fix the error code 014.40 on Roku. The device may not be able to connect to the internet because it is corrupted. So, a quick power cycle can help in fixing this issue.
- Disconnect the Roku device and turn it off.
- Also, turn off the Roku device.
- Take out the plug of both the devices.
- Press and hold the power button for a minute while the plug is out.
- Now, plugin both the devices.
- Now connect the Roku to the console and see if the issue is fixed or not.
Reinitialize Network Configurations
If Roku error code 014.40 occurs then there are chances that the Wi-Fi password or the network configuration has been altered. Follow the steps mentioned below to fix this issue.
- Use the Roku remote to go to the settings option.
- Open the System and then select Advanced system settings.
- Then select network connection reset and press ok.
- Now, enter the code that you can see on the screen to start the reset.
- Follow the steps on the screen and the network configurations will be reset.
- Now, restart the device and then you will be prompted to connect to the network.
- Select between wireless or wired connections depending on the network you are trying to connect.
- From the list of Wi-Fi available select the one you want to connect to.
- Enter the details for the network you are trying to connect.
- Wait until the connections are completed and check if you are connected or not.
These are some of the basic troubleshooting solutions that you need to follow to resolve Roku error code 014.40. However, if the problem persists then it means a deeper problem.
Get in touch with the Roku technical support team. They will guide in fixing the issue from the root so that you can enjoy streaming on your favorite channels without any hassle.