What do you need to Know about Fixing Roku error code 020?
Roku is one of the best streaming devices available in the market. However, when it comes to streaming devices and consoles it is very common to experience errors.
So, if you are facing Roku error code 020 then do not worry as it is a very common issue that can be quickly fixed. But, make sure to not panic as you may create further problems in the Roku.
These errors are common in Roku devices but definitely need your attention to avoid the hassle.
Roku error code 020 is very common among users. It clearly means HDCP error that must be flashing on your screen.
Seeing an error on your screen when you are about watching something interesting or in the middle of something can be very annoying.
However, do not get irritated and follow the steps mentioned in this blog to fix the error.
If you are in a hurry and do not have much knowledge of Roku then it is best to get in touch with the Roku technical support team for assistance.
Solutions to Resolve Roku Error Code 020
Are you having a hard time resolving Roku error code 020? Then do not worry and follow our steps by step guide to resolve the problem.
- The first thing that you need to check here is that the screen color changed to purple. If not, then it indicates that the issue is because of the HDMI cable connection and affects the streaming of the content.
- So, make sure to disconnect the HDMI cable that is connecting the Roku with the TV. If you are using a connector then make sure to disconnect it as well.
- Then take out the plug of the TV to which the Roku has been connected. And also take out the power cable.
- Turn off the power cable of the Roku also and then attach it with the HDMI cable. Make sure it is connected to the power cable and the Roku as well.
- Once the Roku device turns on check if the error code 020 is fixed or not.
These are the steps that can help you in fixing the Roku error code 020. However, if you are facing any trouble while resolving the error and if the issue is unfixed, get in touch with the Roku technicians for help and support.
What is HDCP Error 020 on Roku?
If the HDCP content is disabled then you are most likely to see the purple color screen. Usually, this happens if the cable is loose or damaged.
If you are seeing the HDCP Roku error code 020 for the first time then it may also mean that the TV you are using does not support it. Mostly it happens if you are not using the latest TV.
If this is the issue then you can follow the steps mentioned below to fix the problem.
- Take out the HDMI connectors in both the devices (Roku and TV).
- Unplug both the devices for at least 40 seconds.
- Now, reconnect both the devices with the HDMI cable properly.
- Now, plug in the TV and Roku device properly.
- Turn on the devices and try streaming some content.
- If this does not help, then try using another HDMI cable to connect the devices to double-check that the problem is not in the HDMI cable.
These steps are most likely to fix the Roku error code 020 or HDCP error in your Roku device. However, if you are still facing any issue then get in touch with the Roku technicians for help and support.
They will guide and assist you by finding a technical solution that can help in resolving the error code immediately.