Netflix Not Working on Roku: Things You Can Do
Do you have Roku? Is your Netflix not working on Roku? The Netflix app may have stopped responding to Roku. Or sometime the problem can also occur if there is some connectivity issue or problem in the device. The issue can arise because of any reason however you must understand what is wrong, why Netflix is not working on Roku and how you can fix this issue.
Roku is a superb device that allows you to stream internet streamed content on TV. However, sometimes while using Netflix app you may face a few problems. While there could be any reason behind this problem the troubleshooting solutions that we are going to discuss in this blog will help you fix it in real-time. So, that you can enjoy binge-watching your favorite TV shows on Netflix again.
Solutions for Netflix Not Working on Roku
Did you Netflix suddenly stopped working Roku? Then do not worry as these steps can help you fix the problem quickly.
Analyze the Network Connection
The issue in the network connectivity is one of the most common reasons why you may come across Netflix not working on the Roku issue. That is why you need to check the network connection. The Roku may have lost the connection. So, what you can do is check the network settings to fix this problem. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Go to the home screen, scroll down to go to the settings option.
- Go down to check the network option to see if the Roku device is connected to the network.
- Select the check connection to test the network. You can also connect with the experts at 1-866-662-0397 to see everything is working properly and ask for further help.
If everything seems to be ok then check the router and see the network is connected. You can also try to switch your wireless network to wires using an ethernet cable.
Check for Any Updates
If you do not update the software from time to tie, then it may cause Netflix not working on Roku problem. By updating your apps from time to time, it can help you fix a lot of issues.
Most of the time, the Roku will check itself for any updates within 24 hours or so. However, you can check and update the app on your own as well.
- Go to the home screen and then scroll down to the settings menu.
- Then go down and choose the select the system option here.
- Now, go to the software update option and select it.
- Then go to check now option and then select it.
The steps mentioned above will check for application as well as Roku device updates.
Restart the Roku Device
Restarting the Roku device is one of the easiest ways to fix any problem. It works most of the time. Try to reboot your device and then see if the Roku starts working again. You can follow these steps to restart the Roku.
- Unplug the Roku device and turn it off.
- Wait for a minute or so.
- Plugin the power source and then turn the Roku device.
- Wait for a minute and then open Netflix to see if everything is working properly. If Netflix not working on the Roku problem is unresolved then you can connect with the experts at 1-866-662-0397.
Review your Netflix Account
If you are having an issue playing video content then you need to check your Netflix account. Also, check the Netflix subscription and see if you need to renew it. Also, if you have changed your card then add the new details.
You also need to check your Netflix subscription plan. As per Netflix plans it can limit the number of users that are using the Netflix account. So, if the number of users is exceeding then you must either upgrade your subscription plan or ask the user to leave from the account.
Uninstall and then Reinstall the Netflix App
Many times, the problem may arise because of glitches in the Netflix app and that can be the reason for Netflix not working on Roku. In this situation, the best thing you can do is to uninstall the app and then reinstall it again. However, you need to know that deleting the app will also erase all of the data and information stored in your Netflix account. Follow these steps for more.
- Press and hold the home button on the remote.
- Go the apps option.
- Select settings.
- Navigate using the buttons on the remote to go to installed apps.
- Here select Netflix app.
- Choose the ‘delete’ or ‘uninstall’ option.
- Confirm by selecting the ‘delete’ or ‘uninstall’ option.
- Then install the app again.
- Now, open Netflix and see if the problem is fixed.
Deactivate your Netflix Account
You need to pay a certain amount of money and subscribe to a Netflix account. As a result, the Roku device needs to authenticate this process. But Netflix not working on the Roku problem may arise when the Roku device is unable to establish a connection with the Netflix server. In such a case, you can follow these steps to fix the problem.
- Go to the home screen of the Roku device.
- Then, got to the settings option and select it.
- Select the ‘deactivate’ option here.
- You will have to confirm the deactivation so click on ok.
- Go to the Roku home screen and select Netflix.
- You will have to set up the details by following the given instructions.
- Sign in to your Netflix account and enjoy watching your favorite TV show back.
These are some of the most obvious problems that you may come across and as a result, face Netflix not working on the Roku issue. However, you can fix these problems by following the troubleshooting solutions that are mentioned above in this blog.
But sometimes there could be some other problem when Netflix is not working o your device. These solutions may not work then. In such a case it is always better to get help from the technical experts. You can connect with the professionals for support at 1-866-662-0397.