Troubleshooting Guide to Fix Roku Error Code 014.50
Many times Roku users complain about experiencing issues while streaming content. It is a common problem to face errors while using Roku. One such problem is the Roku error code 014.50.
Usually, this error occurs when the device is unable to the network. Even if you are entering the correct details while configuring to the Wi-Fi network you may not be able to connect to the network.
Poor wi-fi network can be the reason for this however, there are multiple other reasons why you may come across this issue.
Here we have discussed in detail the solutions that can help you in fixing the Roku error code 014.50. However, if you need an immediate solution then we recommend getting help from the technical support team.
What are the Possible Reasons for Roku Error Code 014.50?
So, your Roku device is not connecting to the network you are most likely to come across Roku error code 014.50. The device may not be able to connect to the network because of poor signal strength.
But that is not it, you may come across such a problem because of other reasons as well.
Roku Error Code 014.50 Solved
It is common to experience issues while using the Roku device. So, if you are facing an error while trying to connect to the local network then here are a few things that you can do.
- The first thing that you need to check is the internet connection. So, make sure you are connected to the correct network.
- So, if there is any problem with the router then you can restart the router and see if the problem is fixed. If the issue persists make sure to reset the router to fix the Roku error code 014.50.
- Check the connections. Make sure to check the cables that are connected to the Roku and the router.
Restart the Roku TV
Often restarting the device can help in fixing the error. For this follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to the Settings using the Roku remote.
- Then select System and then select Power for a complete system restart.
- Another thing that you can do is to simply take out the plug and then turn off the power socket. Wait for some time and then replug the device. Then turn on the device to see if the issue is fixed or not.
If the steps mentioned above are still unable to resolve the Roku error code 014.50 then it clearly means that the Roku is unable to connect to the local network.
So, you can follow the steps mentioned below to fix this problem.
- Try restarting the router. Simply take out the plug of the router and then turn off the power source.
- Another thing that you can do is to change the security mode of the Wi-Fi. To do this, you need to go to the Advanced System Settings and then change the mode. Check if this helps in fixing the Roku error code 014.50.
It is quite common to experience issues while using the Roku device. Most of the time these errors are related to issues with the connection and can be easily fixed if you follow the troubleshooting solutions.
In the case of Roku error code 014.50 you are most likely to experience this error is the Roku device is not connecting to the local network. There are several reasons why this error may occur.
However, do not worry in most cases you can fix it by following the solutions mentioned above.
But, if the problem persists and the error code keeps coming back we recommend getting in touch with the Roku technicians for the detailed technical solutions.