Hulu Not Working on Roku – Resolving this Error with Ease
When your Hulu app is not working on the Roku streaming device, that means there is some troublesome with the Hulu app. To remove this, all you need to do is easily read this full set. When you have the issues with Roku, the strongest explanation is doing a soft reset. If things do not fix the situation, a factory hard reset will do the thing. Here’s how you can do both.
1. Soft Reset Roku:
Doing a soft reset will restart the Roku without losing settings or data. This is your first thing when Hulu is not working on Roku.
You may try resetting using your remote control if the Roku is frozen by holding the following buttons:
- Home 5 times
- Up 1 time
- Rewind 2 times
- Fast Forward 2 times
- This should work on all Roku models.
(For Models Like Roku 4, Premier and Ultra)
· Select Settings>System>Power>System Restart. Do it from home screen. Using Button (Older Models)
· Search for the reset button on the back or bottom of the device. Some models will call for a paper clip for pushing the button. Reset button in Roku 2, press a button and release after a second. Device will reset successfully. – Power Pull
· If the above stuff doesn’t interest you, you should disconnect the power cord for about 20 seconds and then plug it back in. You should contact 1-800-961-7126 for the more step of the power cord connection.
2. Hard Reset Roku
When Hulu is not working on Roku, a Hard reset will clear every setting from the device & reset it to factory defaults.
(For Roku Models like Roku 4, Premier and Ultra)
If the soft reset does not fix your issue, a hard reset will. This would clear all the data off the Roku & reset it to factory default settings.
Chose the below from home screen on your device:
Press the settings>system>advanced system settings>factory reset. Now go to settings>factory reset>yes.
Using Button (Older Models):
· Remove all links except the Power cord.
· Push and hold the reset button at the back of the device for about 20 seconds. Few models will need a paper clip for pressing the button.
· Hold the reset button and remove the power cord from the back of the unit.
· Release the reset button and plug all the cords back in the device.
· Roku will look at the factory reset and let you run through the setup process again.
If you keep on going through these issues after doing troubleshooting, here is what you can do that are extra steps:
3. Remove the Hulu Channel and Thus Re-add It via the Channel Store:
Press the asterisk or star button on your Roku remote,
- Choose Remove Channel.
- Then, call the Roku Channel Store
- Locate Hulu, and
- Choose “Add Channel,”
4. Make Sure you Have Most Recent Firmware on your Roku:
From the Home menu, run to Settings
- Then > System
- Then > System Update, and
- Now select “check now” for checking manual updates
If still your Hulu app is not working on the Roku device, keep calling at the toll-free number at 1-800-961-7126 for the technician’s support.