What should you do if your Roku is not connecting to Wi-Fi? Seems a little tricky to understand but no worries, this post is customized for you only. Well, your Roku streaming player gives you access to stream audio & video from the internet. For this, you need a great connection from your Roku device to your home network, & from your home network to the internet.
This article provides you steps for checking that these connections are working properly, along with suggestions for troubleshooting any problems.
What to Do When Your Roku Sees a Message “Unable to Connect with the Wi-fi”?
When you set your Roku player up for streaming, remember to attach this device to your home network just like you connect your computer or mobile device. Just select your wireless network name & enter the right password. When you do this, a wireless connection is settled from your Roku device to your home access point or router. Your router will then give access to the internet over a broadband service provided by your internet service provider (usually your cable or phone company).
The thing to remember: Roku streaming devices that have an Ethernet port, you can willingly choose to connect to your router using a wired or Ethernet network cable.
If your Roku device is not able to connect with your home router or gain access to the internet through the router, you may unable to build up your device. Cases, where the internet connection is lost after your device is set up; you may unable to launch channels that require internet connection. Otherwise, you might experience interruptions when streaming.
Below are some examples of errors you may see on your tv screen when your Roku not connecting to Wi-Fi.
· You may see the screen “Unable to Connect to Wireless Network” when you initially try to connect your Roku to the wireless network.
· You may see the screen as “Checking” when your Roku is trying to make a connection after your wireless network name & password are entered.
· The next screen may appear as “Not Connected to the Internet” if the internet connection is lost while trying to launch a streaming channel.
· If the internet connection is lost during playback, you may see the error screen as “Loading Please Wait”.
How Can I Check My Connection? – Roku Not Connecting to Wi-fi
- To see if your connection is not working, you must check it and for that, visit the Settings menu on your Roku device.
- Perform a two-part test by visiting settings>network>check connection. First part check connection to your home network & test quality of the signal. Second part check that you are joined to the internet & measure the speed of the connection.
- If the internet speed is poor, you will see on-screen instructions to help resolve the issue.
- If the Roku device is not connected to your network, you won’t see the check connection option. You will only see a Setup connection option. You need your Roku device to set up on your network before you can check the connection.
How Can I Resolve Roku Not Connecting to Wi-fi Issue?
- Enter Right Wi-Fi Name– Choosing the wrong wireless network name will cause your wireless network connection to fail. If you are not convinced that your Roku device is connected to the correct network, find the right wireless network name.
- Enter the Password Correctly– If you believe you know your wireless password, but still your Roku device is not connecting to Wi-Fi, try re-entering it. It is common to make a mistake entering your password because the network passwords are case sensitive. Use the shift button given on the on-screen keyboard to enter a capital letter. If you do not know the right password, review the tips for finding your wireless network password.
- Check Your Router– By using your computer or mobile device, connect to your home network & try accessing the internet by launching a public website like www.rokucom-support.com. If you can connect to the internet from another device, your router is successfully providing internet access & you can go to the next step. If you are unable to connect to the internet, try restarting your router before contacting your ISP.
- Improve the Wireless Signal Strength– So you find that your password is right and other devices can access the router, but your Roku device is still not connecting to Wi-Fi, the most likely problem is the strength of the wireless signal. It can go weaker the farther your Roku device is from your router. The signal can also affect by obstacles like walls and cabinets between your router and your Roku device. Follow these tips to improve your wireless signal.
- Restart your Roku device and your Router.
- For starting your Roku player, go to Settings > System > System restart. You can unplug the Roku device from the power source and wait for a few moments, and reconnect it.
- For restarting your router, check the instructions from your Internet service provider or router vendor. In few cases, you can simply unplug it & plug it back in, & in other cases it may require you to press a reset button on the device.
- If you have previously connected your Roku device to your router, it should automatically reconnect. Complete the network setup process if your Roku is not reconnecting.
Get the Best Roku Support Online!
If you are still not able to solve the issue of Roku not connecting to Wi-Fi then simply visit our website rokucom-support.com. we are the team of Roku experts who are working great in the industry for years and we know what is right for your Roku device.
Everything related to Roku and its issues, setup or some other things, you can resolve with our help or guidance. Just visit us and we are happy to help you. Best support for Roku over the internet. Call at our toll-free number 1-866-662-0397 today!
amazon prime not working on rokubritbox not working on rokucall roku supportcbs all access on rokucrackle.com/activatego.roku.com/connectivitygo.roku.com/remotehelpgo.roku.com/techsupportgo.roku.com/wielessgoroku.com/techsupportgo roku com remotehelpgo roku com wirelesshow to connect roku to wifi without remotenetflix not workingnetflix not working on rokuroku.com/wirelessroku.roku.com/wirelessroku activation issuesroku channel not workingroku com supportroku customer careroku customer serviceroku error 001roku error 005roku error 014roku error code 001roku error code 005roku error code 014roku error code 014.30roku error code 014.40roku error code 014.50roku helproku not connecting to wifiroku not workingroku phone numberroku remoteroku remote is not workingroku remote not workingroku supportroku technical supportroku tech supportroku troubleshootingroku updatetclusa.com/supportwhat to do if your roku remote is not working