Why is My Roku App not Working? Troubleshooting Solutions to Follow
Roku is one of the best streaming service providers out there. It allows you to stream the most interesting content available on popular video streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Spectrum, and much more. However, sometimes you may come across issues while using the Roku app because the remote is not working.
So, if you are having a problem while trying to access Roku then the issue can be with the remote. However, in many cases, the problem may not be resolved on your own. That is why getting a Roku app is the best solution.
The Roku app is designed to make users experience friendly and also provide an amazing set of functionality and features. The app can be easily installed on the mobile device and you can enjoy using it.
However, many times users complain about the Roku app not working issue. There are many reasons why you may come across such a problem.
But the good part is that this issue can be easily fixed if you follow the basic troubleshooting solutions. You can also get in touch with the Roku support team for help and assistance.
Roku App Not Working | How to Resolve the Problem?
The Roku mobile app can be downloaded and installed on Android and iOS devices for free. But to use the Roku app as a remote there are a few things that you need to do. So, when the discovery screen opens on the Roku device launch the Roku app.
But if you are unable to see the device name on the discovery screen then it is clear that the app is unable to connect to the device. Here are a few things that you need to do is the Roku app not the working problem arises.
Things you need to check if Roku App not Working Problem Occurs
Before following any other troubleshooting solutions, the first thing that you need to check is the network connection. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Use your Roku remote to open the home screen.
- Then go to the Settings menu and select System option. Then click on Advanced System Settings.
- Here you need to choose the option for Control by Mobile Apps and then select the Network Access.
- Then select the Default or Permissive is selected mobile app.
Roku App Not Working: Additional Problems and Solutions
If you are using a Roku device then getting an app is a must. It can be of great benefit especially when the Roku remote is not working.
Besides you can also control the Roku, add and remove channels, and much more. But it just won’t work if the Roku app is not working
If this problem arises when you are most likely to experience issues because of wi-fi related problem. Then there are a few things that you need to check.
- You need to check and make sure that the phone and Roku are on the same network. If the phone or Roku are using different wi-fi networks then they won’t be able to see each other.
- So, you need to make sure that both the devices are connected to the same network. Most of the wi-fi networks have two different frequency bands. To avoid the Roku app not working make sure both phone and Roku are set on the same frequency.
- Another thing that you can do to resolve the problem is to check the Roku network access.
Here are the steps that you need to follow
- Use your Roku remote and press the home button.
- Here chose the Settings and then select Advanced System Settings option.
- Then select External Control and here you need to choose the Network Access option.
- Here you need to select the Default or Permissive option.
If you are still unable to resolve the problem and the Roku app not working then try to relaunch the app to fix the issue. You can also restart the Roku app to see if the problem is fixed.
In this blog, we have covered in detail the solutions that can help you fix the problem with the Roku app. But if the problem persists and you are unable to fix it.
Then get in touch with the Roku support team for technical solutions to resolve the Roku app not working issue.
Roku Help & Support
- Britbox Not Working on Roku
- Installing & Activating CBS All Access on Roku
- How to reset Roku Pin | go.roku.com/pin
- How to Install Sony Crackle on Roku
- Roku Not Connecting to Wi-fi | go.roku.com/connectivity
- Roku Connected But not Working
- How to Activate NFL Game Pass on Roku?
- go.roku.com/remotehelp | What to do if your Roku Remote is not working?
- Roku not connecting to WiFi
- How to Pair Speakers with Roku Player? | go.roku.com Speaker Pair Help
- How to fix roku error code 005
- netflix not working on roku
- How to Solve Roku Error Code 009
- What to do if your Roku Remote is not working?
- How to fix Roku Error 014
- How to resolve roku error code 001
- Prime video not working on Roku
- Sony Crackle Com Activate on Roku | Crackle.com/activate
- Roku App Not Working | Roku App Troubleshooting
- Roku Stick No Signal HDMI Fix Now
- How to Fix Roku error code rge-1001
- How to Fix Roku error code 005
- How to Fix Roku error code 001
- How to Fix Roku error code 018
- How to Fix Roku error code 017
- How to Fix Roku error code 013
- How to Fix Roku error code 016
- How to Fix Roku error code 014.30
- How to Fix Roku Error Code 014.40
- How to Fix Roku error code 006
- How to Fix Roku error code 011
- How to Fix Roku error code 009
- How to Fix Roku error code 020: HDCP Error
- How to Fix Roku error code 003
- How to Fix Roku remote not working
- How to Fix Roku error code 014.50
amazon prime not working on rokubritbox not working on rokucall roku supportcbs all access on rokucrackle.com/activatego.roku.com/connectivitygo.roku.com/remotehelpgo.roku.com/techsupportgo.roku.com/wielessgoroku.com/techsupportgo roku com remotehelpgo roku com wirelesshow to connect roku to wifi without remotenetflix not workingnetflix not working on rokuroku.com/wirelessroku.roku.com/wirelessroku activation issuesroku channel not workingroku com supportroku customer careroku customer serviceroku error 001roku error 005roku error 014roku error code 001roku error code 005roku error code 014roku error code 014.30roku error code 014.40roku error code 014.50roku helproku not connecting to wifiroku not workingroku phone numberroku remoteroku remote is not workingroku remote not workingroku supportroku technical supportroku tech supportroku troubleshootingroku updatetclusa.com/supportwhat to do if your roku remote is not working